Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

A Canadian Martyrs Chaplet

Canadian Martyrs Chaplet

To be recited on a Rosary, or chaplet of St. Kateri Tekakwitha, in prayerful communion with the eight Jesuit martyrs of Canada (North America) who helped consecrate Canada, in their own blood, to the Holy Trinity through our Saviour Jesus Christ.  One Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be to be prayed in prayerful union with each of the 8 Canadian Martyrs.

St. Jean de Brebeuf:
"Every day from now on, with the permission of my superior, at the time of Holy Communion, I will vow to do whatever I know is for the greater glory of God and for His greater service."

- Roustang, F. "Jesuit Missionaries to North America".  Ignatius Press, 2006.  P. 174.
+ Sign of the Cross

~ Offer your petitions.

~ Loving Father in Heaven, let every decision I make this day be to your greater glory, that you may be better known and loved.


~ Father, that you may be better known and loved.
8 x Our Father


~ Jesus, that you may be better known and loved.
8 x Hail Mary


~ Holy Spirit, that you may be better known and loved.
8 x Glory Be

~ Take Lord all my liberty.  Receive my memory, my understanding, my whole will; all that I have and possess.  You have given all to me, I return it all to you.  Do with me as you will.  Amen.
*


~ Jesus, let all that is you flow into me.
May your body and blood be my food and drink;
May your passion and death be my strength and life.
Jesus, with you by my side, enough has been given.
Let the shelter I seek be the shadow of your cross.
Let me not run from the love that you offer;
But hold me safe from the forces of evil.
On each of my failings shed your light and your love.
Keep calling to me until that day when with your saints,
I will praise you forever. Amen
.**
~ Holy Jesuit Martyrs of Canada [Rene Goupil, Isaac Jogues, Jean de la Lande, Antoine Daniel, Jean de Brebeuf, Gabriel Lalemant, Noel Chabanel, and Charles Garnier***], please pray for us.

~ Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.****
+ Sign of the Cross

* The 'Suscipe'.
** Roustang, F. "Jesuit Missionaries to North America". Ignatius Press, 2006.  P. 9.
*** Fleming, D., translator. "Anima Christi - Soul of Christ".
**** "To the greater glory of God", motto of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).

Ignatius Offers Sword