Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A St. Charles Garnier Chaplet, Jesuit Martyr of North America

A St. Charles Garnier Chaplet, Jesuit Martyr of North America

Three Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and three Glorias in worship of Our Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit; the Trinity for whom St. Charles Garnier willingly died that the aboriginal peoples of North America might come to know our Saviour Jesus Christ and live forever in Him.

St. Charles Garnier, SJ:
"Oh, I do not believe that we can commit a greater fault in the service of God than to lose courage and to allow our hearts to be cast down by distrust and pusillanimity.  All other sins are nothing in comparison with that one - at least, there is none that so much impedes our progress as this low estimate of the goodness of God toward us.  Very often it is by that sin that the devil takes possession of our hearts, which he then lays open to all others." 
- Letter to His Brother, 23 June 1641
- Roustang, F. "Jesuit Missionaries to North America".  Ignatius Press, 2006.  P. 372.

+ Sign of the Cross

~ Loving Father in Heaven, deepen my faith, strengthen my trust, and galvanise my courage in You.

~ Your intentions. 

~ Father, that you may be better known and loved. 
3 x Our Father

~ Jesus, that you may be better known and loved.
3 x Hail Mary

~Holy Spirit, that you may be better known and loved.
3 x Glory Be

~ Take Lord all my liberty.  Receive my memory, my understanding, my whole will; all that I have and possess.  You have given all to me, I return it all to you.  Do with me as you will.  Amen.*

~ Holy Martyr St. Charles Garnier, please pray for us.

+ Sign of the Cross

~Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.**

* - The Suscipe.
** - "For the greater glory of God" - Jesuit motto.